The Chesed-El Synagogue (Hebrew: חסד-אל, “Grace of God”) is a synagogue in Singapore. The synagogue was constructed in 1905 and is located at Oxley Rise in River Valley, within the Central Area of Singapore.
Around the 1900s, Jewish community in Singapore grew beyond the capacity of the Maghain Aboth Synagogue, and there was a need for this second place of worship, which was built in the late-Renaissance style. It was also one of the first places to use gaslights in Singapore.
On 18 December 1998, it was designated as a national monument of Singapore.
The Maghain Aboth Synagogue is a synagogue in Singapore. It is located at 24/26 Waterloo Street in Rochor, within the Central Area at Singapore’s central business district. Constructed in 1878, it is the oldest and largest Jewish synagogue in Southeast Asia.
Managed by the Jewish Welfare Board, it remains to be the main place of worship for the Jewish community in Singapore. It was designated as a national monument of Singapore in 1998. Until today, there are still several Jewish buildings standing within its vicinity, including a kosher supermarket. Descendants of most of the earliest Jewish settlers in the country are today Singaporean citizens.